Thursday, April 8, 2010

The inevitable standstill

So, here we are at the inevitable standstill with the kitchen redo. Now we wait. And wait. And wait. Right now we are waiting for the granite to be cut, after finally having decided on a piece. And then undecided. And then decided again. Arrgh. I know every stone place along the East Coast now. And believe me, the granite is pretty ubiquitous. It's not like we've chosen something so out of the ordinary. At any rate, now we wait.

Interestingly enough, the same pattern is emerging in my work life. Fast and furious, in tandem with the kitchen stuff. So much so that I barely had a chance to notice the cabinets were installed and the floor was put down. "Yeah, yeah, do whatever. Can't you see I'm on a conference call?" The poor work crew. I haven't even offered them so much as a cup of coffee, I've been so overwhelmed with my work. Then again, I don't have a kitchen, so don't I have an excuse not to supply them with food and beverages? Hmmm, maybe that's why they've disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment